The Monsoon Mountains Tea Company

The Monsoon Mountains Tea Company
Tea at World's End

Friday, 5 May 2017

More than Just a Tea Bag

I wear a number of hats.
I teach art and music and at present, I am reading Ancient Classics for a BAHons degree with the Open University. Tea is one of my hats. I have had a lifelong love affair with tea since I was about six years old.

I have made a study of tea for over 30 years; about its history, manufacture, and the special regions of Sri Lanka where Ceylon Tea comes from.  I also work as a tea taster and importer of Ceylon Tea with fifteen years of tasting experience behind me now. The Monsoon Mountains Tea Company is, for me, a labour of love from which I make little profit and cater to a very discerning clientele. I am most interested in sharing my love of tea and spreading that love.

I love sharing tea lore. I love sharing tea. I love exploring the Cha Dao. Tea is transubstantiative. Meditative. Inspirational. It sends me into landscapes where Life feels very zen. 

photo copyright R. Mackay 

No comments:

Post a Comment